Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fire Gypsies

   I love my fireplace. I really do. Like most men, I sit for hours and stare. I enjoy the warmth, am mesmerized by the flames and can think of the important things that need to be thought of for hours. It is a peaceful thing.

  But today, all I see in my fireplace are Belly Dancing Gypsies. Yup, gyrating, undulating, twisting, flickering, hip swinging, Belly Dancing Gypsies; like seductive hot flames!
The entire room shimmers from the jewels and coins that bedazzle their Bedlahs; shaking, snaking, and vibrating as they reach for oxygen to the top of the fireplace.
Each spark a chime from finger cymbals. Each crackle a clap of  hands. Each pop a stomp from feet.
Their chiffon skirts, veils and capes rise and fall creating new flames until their stage is burnt to embers and they can dance their Gypsy Dance no more.

   Of course, if you have gas logs like myself, the dance can go on as long as the fuel is plentiful...and I don't plan on running out any time soon! So, dance Gypsies Dance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment