Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Re-evaluation

So, there it is on my cd littered desk; the latest issue of 393 Magazine. The premier, social magazine around town.
 This months issue: Surviving Heart Disease / Furnished With Love

Inside these glossy pages are photos and stories from charity events, plays, and some ice memories we'll not soon forget. Plus, a wedding that had the best beer in the world. (Thanks Mr. & Mrs Gibson).
There are great articles about some of the more unique people in our area making a difference. Page 23, The 411, is graced by the beautiful Ashley Hill. She saves dogs...all of them!
Pages 12-17; Heart disease survivors and the doctors that made it possible. 
Page 43; the surgeon who makes furniture. 
People who gave blood, folks who ran for Hope Village and more. 
All contributors to the well being of our fair city.
Then there is page 10:

The other 411 page. Yup, this dude...me. 
I'm certainly honored to be in this publication; I didn't expect a whole page. However, as a radio broadcast entertainer, I've been trying to figure where I fit into this fine cavalcade of givers. 
I do give, by way of voice, money and some time; to as many as possible. None the less, I feel compelled to give in a more complete way as of late.
Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this issue Joy. 
Everyone in it has inspired me.
I think it may be time for a re-evaluation.



2 comments:

  1. Joy did a fabulous job on it (as she always does). And yes, I completely believe that you deserve to be in there. :) Enjoy your moment of small-town fame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 393 was honored to have you in this issue! No re-evaluation, needed. You're one of those folks who is involved and yet, has a life, too. Everyday your doing good for the community, just by opening your mouth! Thanks again for letting 393 feature, you!

    ReplyDelete